In its 2012 report, the City of Chicago provides the following information as to when bike crashes commonly occur. According to the report,
- The largest number of injury crashes occurred between 4:00 and 7:00 P.M., but fatalities were highest between 8:00 P.M. and midnight.
- There were five fatalities between 4:00 and 7:00 P.M., but nine fatalities between 8:00 P.M. and midnight.
- Approximately half of all crashes occurred during the summer months of June, July and August.
- Most bicycle crashes occurred during day light hours and in good weather.
- Sundays accounted for the highest percentage of fatalities, but the fewest percentage of bicycle injury crashes.